Monday, September 28, 2015

Saturday, October 3rd and November 7th Plein Air Workshop


Plein Air Painting Workshop
Oil painting.

Moody Mansion, 
Galveston Island, Texas

Saturday, October 3rd 
and
Saturday November 7th


To sign up call: 409-939-9638
Meetup at the Galveston Art League at 12:30pm 
Workshop will be from 1-4pm
Directions:

I'll be teaching what I've learned on all my plein air painting excursions over the years. 
What to bring:
Easel or Pochade box on tripod
Oil paint, white yellow red blue and 3 other colors of your choice. I would add burnt sienna for this workshop
Medium to thin paint. I use Walnut oil.
Brushes a hand full, long handle flats, about 1/2"-1/4" wide, hog hair. I like Robert Simmons Signet's as you can get them at just about any art store local. Skinny brush for lines.
2 canvas or gesso panels approx. 6x8-8x10 in size
Palette Knife small
rag or paper towels
Hat.
Chair if you need one.

If it rains we will paint at the Galveston Art League inside and do portrait sketches to tune your eye. 





No comments:

Post a Comment