Monday, September 7, 2015

Evening light on the Beach


Evening light on the Beach
Galveston Island, Texas
Painted on location
7.5" x 8"
Oil on Panel
Randall Cogburn
Signed lower left, "Kirby"

Sold

A spontaneous painting do to the traffic on Seawall Blvd, thank you Labor Day!! I decided I'd just park at the first open spot and paint something. As I looked out the people on the beach were interesting and kids playing in water but will they sit still long enough. There was one guy on a rock but nahh. I figured I would just do a surf painting something like this. After gearing up under the shade of the jeep I noticed what I really liked, the light on the rocks and the shadow they cast upon the beach, it just came together nicely. The waves that day at this location were bouncing around do to the construction plus tourist asking if they could take a look. I just responded oh I just started. Sometimes I have to do that especially since these are worth all my time I can put into them while on location. If this one doesn't sell I think it just might become part of my permanent collection.  

No comments:

Post a Comment