Friday, January 9, 2015

Wild Bend


Wild Bend
Brazos Bend State Park
8 x 8
Oil on Panel
Randall Cogburn

To Purchase email me.
Price: $150 + s/h

Super cold today and rainy. Out painting at Brazos Bend State Park. Here's one view of one of there fishing ponds. The foreground trees are on a really long peninsula. Below is a photo of the painting on site. I lucked up in this spot under some trees, but it still got the palette pretty wet while I was painting and the wind was pretty breezy. I touched it up a little after getting it home. The rain clouds I guess you could call them, almost misty low flying blobs dumping dribble on you, would sometimes open up and let the sunlight in. Also the wind picked up every so often and when it did it ruffled the waters and you can see in the reflection how it made a nice highlight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment