Thursday, September 4, 2014

Clear Surf



Clear Surf
Galveston Island, Texas
8 x 8
Oil on Panel
Randall Cogburn

Sold


Lately the surf has kicked up a notch at Galveston so I'll be doing more seascapes this month and throw in some other painting also, like cows etc. Sometimes it gets clear at Galveston, you just have to have the right combination of weather patterns, one is a good stretch of no rain, the other is calm days and then a good push of some offshore swells and a high tide make for some interesting days. If you really want to see some good clear water in Texas you must take a trip to Chorpus Christi, and South Padre Island. Freeport can get good and so can Matagorda and Rockport. The further north you go of South Padre Island the more shallow it gets to the coast and that means more sand in the water. Other than that a trip to Florida would be a good one. 

1 comment:

  1. Have to tell you I really like your work........As much as I hate being on the internet, I make sure to check your work when I post on my own blog. Lovely and accurate color on this one!

    ReplyDelete