Friday, November 8, 2013

Savior


Savior
8 x 8
Oil on Panel
Randall Cogburn

Sold

Had some fun designing and painting this one. I had, key word here is had, an idea of making this painting more blown out. Well eventually, I said no this painting deserves some contrast to help the design. Initially I started out with a pencil sketch with no value what so ever except how hard I pressed down on the charcoal to make the lines. 

If you wandering which frame to get for one of my paintings I like the La Paz frames from King Of Frame out in Costa Messa California. They have a bunch of different designs and get the floater frames since they work real well with the small 8x8 frame size allowing more of the painting to show.


2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. It reminds me of a painting I have, of a fisherman on the sea. You are one of the greats, you know.

    ReplyDelete