Friday, August 2, 2013

Anchored off 27th


Anchored off 27th
Galveston, Texas
8 x 8
Oil on Panel
Randall Cogburn

Sold

Sometimes inspiration for a painting can strike me at any moment and those moments that get me going enough to paint become small steps into making my art a little better. However this one I think took me in a direction I wasn't expecting and glad I had painted it. Below is a look a where I sometimes paint. I use my pochade box, what I use to paint outdoors with, to hold my 8 x 8 panels. I don't use the palette on the box rather a bigger palette to the left which I had removed. It's pretty big. Also a small sketch which I thought would be interesting to show how I sometimes plan paintings. Half the time all I think is needed is a slight adjustment in composition from a reference and sometimes it's just a "no brainer". Other times like this one I wanted to plan it out first. On the wall the painting that's framed is one of my favorites, painted at the 29th jetty I believe at Galveston Island.  

2 comments:

  1. Excellent how you captured the action of the waves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Lovely color range
    Hugs from Barcelona

    ReplyDelete