Friday, April 5, 2013

Toes on the Nose


Toes on the Nose
Series #1
8 x 8
Oil on Panel
Randall Cogburn

Sold


Oh, wohhh. Toes on the nose. I've never ridden on the nose before on a surfboard, although I have a skateboard and it didn't end up well lol. Come to think of it, have you ever ridden in a VW Bus? It's really awesome since your positioned in front of the front axle and it feels like your stuck out there right on the hood of the Bus, well you actually are lol. 

In this series I'm featuring a Longboarder named Mary Osbourne, an excellent surfer, taken by Jon Steele a really awesome photographer who also happens to be a surfer, skater, and artist. Hope you enjoy the series it will be a blast and I'll fit in more surf and scenes from Galveston as time permits. If your curious it takes about 2-3hrs to paint these 8x8's that includes prep work, painting, photographing  and uploading and don't forget cleaning. Oh gosh I hate cleaning my brushes but it must be done lol. 

Also this month I'm working on some bigger paintings of Galvestons Surf that I hope to put in the Galveston Art League Gallery this month.

If your planning on being in Galveston and like to paint I'm having a workshop in April on Saturday's of the 20th and 27th. We will be on the beach at Galveston State Park and on the 27th still not sure where will be but it will be great. Originally I had planned on going to the beach near the pleasure pier but I'm afraid the traffic and mainly parking for all will be a hassle. We might go further down the beach if you have any ideas I'm open to them. 

If you haven't already done so subscribe to 
my blog so you can get any new posts I make in your email.



1 comment:

  1. You paint beautifully, thank you for commenting on my site so I could find this!

    ReplyDelete