Monday, August 6, 2012

Basic Oil Painting Workshop.....


Pear Demo
6" x 8" Oil on Panel
Randall Cogburn

It was a blast this past month during the Basic Oil Painting workshop I gave at the Galveston Art League. Here is a demo of a pear I did for everyone to learn from. We were so busy that I had forgot to take photo's of the group. We had so much fun that many were wanting to have more classes. So look forward to possibly having more this coming week as well as another plein air workshop hopefully sometime this Fall.

Some students have asked why I sign my paintings with Kirby and the reason I do that is my middle name is Kirby which was given to me by my Father who his dad's middle name is Kirby also. To honor a man I wish I could have known more I sign my name Kirby, plus it's nice and small and fits just about anywhere, just perfect don't you think. 

Thanks,
Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment